Vietnamese Mango Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
For Peanut Sauce (6 servings)
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 3 Tablespoons Tamari or soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons organic raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.5 teaspoons organic Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1-3 Tablespoons water (to preferred consistency)
- rice paper
- 6 large cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined, and cut in half
- cabbage (chopped)
- Finely shredded carrot
- finely shredded onion
- thinly sliced water melon radish
- thinly sliced mango
- cut fine matchsticks
- green onion
- Thai Basil (a pinch)
- Mint (a pinch)
- Thinly sliced cilantro leaves
- Fill a large mixing bowl with room temperature water.
- Dip a sheet of rice paper wrapper in the water for about 30 to 40 seconds, making sure all sides are wet and the wrapper is very softened. Lay the wrapper flat on a cutting board or other clean surface. Lay all ingredients horizontally over the cabbage. Top with two mint leaves.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper over the filling and begin rolling tightly. Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling. Finish rolling tightly. Lay the finished summer roll seamside down on a plate and cover with a slightly damp towel.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the peanut dip. Serve the mango summer rolls with the peanut dip on the side.
Enjoy & Stay Healthy!