Autumn Squash Soup
(vegan, Paleo and gluten-free)
If you love Panera Bread’s Autumn Squash Soup as much as I do, you have to give this soup a try! Maybe we are gearing up for our favorite season here in Utah a little sooner than some would like, but we seriously can’t help it. Fall in Utah is the most amazing season, this soup will get you in the mood, even if it is August.
- 4 cups of peeled and cubed butternut squash, roasted
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp salt + a few extra dashes
- a few dashes of cinnamon
- Pumpkin seeds
- Roast cubed butternut squash that has been seasoned with cinnamon and salt for 30 mins at 425 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over med-high heat, sauté apple and onion in coconut oil with curry powder and a few dashes of salt for about 10 mins and until softened.
- Add broth, milk, and squash to the large skillet with the apple and onion and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 mins. Stir in salt to taste. I used 1 tsp of salt.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until soup is smooth and creamy. Top with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.