Congratulations! You have made the decision to put your health FIRST and get back on track with your wellness. You have made the commitment to attend a weight loss and fitness retreat and get started on your personal health journey. Here are some helpful pointers to help you prepare for your retreat.
- Eat every three hours a small meal or snack
- Keep a food journal, be mindful of what you’re eating and how often you eat
- Try incorporating one more fruit and 2 more vegetables into your diet each day
- Eliminate fried foods from your diet, try to eliminate fast food or opt for healthier options
- Drink at least 8 8-oz. glasses (or 2 liters) of water each day
- When dining out, immediately box up half of your meal to eat for lunch the next day
- Try to get in at least 20 minutes of cardio in 5 days a week: Jog, speed walk, bike, elliptical, step machine, row, anything that will get your heart rate up for 20 minutes, don’t forget a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down
- Stretch before and after any exercise you do to avoid injury
- Walk more each day: Try and sneak a walk in at lunch, park further way at the store, and/or take a brisk walk after dinner
- Start waking up early (especially if you are a night owl), try setting your alarm for 6:00 am most days and perhaps get a little workout in with any extra time in your day ☺
- See your doctor and have a physical within 6 months of participating in our program. If you have a medical condition we need to be aware of (Diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.), we need a note from your doctor giving you medical clearance to participate in an exercise-based weight loss program
- Have all prescriptions filled (if any) and don’t forget to pack your multivitamins
- Purchase a good pair of exercise shoes and break them in for a week or two prior to coming to camp
- Review your suggested packing list and take time shopping and preparing for what you may need to purchase, so you don’t have to stress about last minute shopping
- Mentally start preparing for opening your mind up to change, try to practice mindfulness each day by being in the present moment. It’s time to get excited about your health, this is just the beginning of a beautiful journey!